As hostels are meant for global travellers, any residents of Washington State must email before booking to keep a valid reservation.
Click here for the top green websites and learn somthing new!
- Our GREEN Hostel (page under construction)
- Toilets are 1. Gallon low flo. ( with 24 toilets thats saving water! )
- Toilet paper and paper towels are recycled from a paperplant in our state .
- Our cleaning supplies are "Sustainable Earth" Safe green non-toxic cleaner.
- We use compact fluoresents through the entire hostel.
- Kitchen tiles are recycled glass soda bottles from Bedrock recyclers in seattle.
- Our beautiful reception desk is made of recycled chipped pallet wood.
- Our tables were our original doors - reused.
- We rent bikes and ride ourselves.
- We are Gardening on our roof.
- We collect rain water for our plants.
- We compost back into our earth box.
- We are budding aquaponic farmers ( see our science page)
- Our goal is a "paperless office".
- We do simple conservation tasks, i.e. turning off heat during the day.
- We recycle properly.
- Projects continuing through and starting Spring 2011 .Email for questions or you would like to be involved during your visit.
- We have egg laying chickens!!!
- Honey Bees on the way!